The 2013 Award of Excellence Contest is Now Open!!!
The 2013 Award of Excellence contest opened November 1, 2012 and will run through January 31, 2013.
Ten categories are accepted for this year's contest:
- Short Contemporary – Romantic category-type novels between 40,000 and 60,000 words with a contemporary theme.
- Long Contemporary – Romantic category-type novels over 60,000 words with a contemporary theme.
- Single Title – Longer length romantic novels released as an individual, stand-alone title and not part of a monthly category-type series.
- Romantic Suspense – Romantic novels with strong suspense, mystery, or thriller elements interwoven into the plot.
- Historical – Romantic novels set prior to 1945. May include Regency, series/category, and single title offerings.
- Paranormal/Time Travel/Futuristic/Fantasy (P/TT/F/F) – Romantic novels featuring paranormal happenings, a fantasy world, or the future as an integral part of the plot.
- Inspirational – Romantic novels featuring a religious or spiritual belief system as a major part of the relationship.
- Young Adult – Novels with a strong romantic theme geared toward young adult readers.
- Mainstream w/Romantic Elements – A work of fiction containing a romantic element as an integral part of the story’s structure. In addition, the novel may also contain other themes as major points in the plot.
- Erotic Romance (Spicy Romance) – Romantic novels featuring explicit and frequent sexual content and adult language. No pedophilia, rape as titillation, necrophilia, knives or stabbing weapons used in or on various parts of the female anatomy, or bestiality (referring to common animals indigenous to earth).
Entries must have an original copyright date of 2012, be a full-length published novel (40,00 words or more), and not be part of an anthology, duet, combined, or omnibus publication.
Three (3) copies of your title, a completed and signed entry form, and $15.00 (early entry until December 31, 2012) or $20.00 (all entries starting January 1, 2013) will get you entered into this well-known contest!
Click HERE for the Rules page and to download an entry form.